Commercial Real Estate
- Institutes, Societies, and Councils
- Commercial Member Services
- Courses, Designations and Events
- Publications & Info
- Commercial Listing Platforms & Tools
- International Business/MIPIM
Stay connected and up-to-date through NAR’s Commercial Connections Magazine.
About Commercial RE Brokers
Business and Demographic Characteristics of NAR Commercial Members
- The typical commercial member has 25 years of real estate experience, 20 years of experience in commercial real estate, and has been a member of NAR for 18 years.
- They had a median of 7 sales transactions in 2017, down from 8 in 2016.
- Fifty-one percent of NAR’s commercial members work in sales and 16 percent in leasing.
- Forty-nine percent are brokers and 29 percent sales agents.
- The median age of a commercial member is 60 years old.
(Source: 2018 Commercial Member Profile, National Association of REALTORS®, 2018)
For more commercial market data, go to NAR’s Commercial Research Page
Courses to Get Started
Introduction to Commercial Real Estate – Register here
This four-hour introductory on-line course has been designed to provide you with a professional working knowledge of the principle aspects of commercial real estate. It has been developed to deliver an easy to follow overview of the basic main elements that revolve around, and apply to the very diverse subject of commercial real estate.
CCIM: Developing Your Commercial Real Estate Business – Register here
Developing contacts and business in the commercial real estate market is a very different process than developing business in the residential market. This class pinpoints proven techniques and procedures to build a solid book of commercial business in all property types, leasing, and sales.
CCIM: Leasing Commercial Real Estate – Register here
Whether you own rental property or lease it on behalf of the owner, there are certain clauses and understandings vital to using this process to create value. In this class, important lease terms and clauses will be discussed and the importance of each to the owner, the tenant, and the asset.
CCIM: CI 101 – Financial Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate – Register here
CI 101 is a bedrock class for real estate practitioners at a time when risk mitigation, pricing, and cycle assurance have become critical to investors. CI 101 introduces the CCIM Cash Flow Model, a tool for ensuring your investment decisions are based on wise finance fundamentals. During the course, you will learn how to use key financial concepts such as Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Net Present Value (NPV), Cap Rate, Capital Accumulation, and the Annual Growth Rate of Capital to compare different types of commercial real estate investments. This course qualifies for the Broker Basics Course requirement.
This course will teach you how to:
- make informed investment decisions using the CCIM Cash Flow Model;
- measure the impact of federal taxation and financial leverage on the cash flow from the acquisition, ownership, and disposition phases of real estate investment; and
- use real estate analysis tools to quantify investment return.
NMREC Education Resources
Click here for all licensing requirement details.
Visit the NMREC Website
Need course numbers? Click here.
Commercial Listing Platforms & Tools
Commercial practitioners need access to property data, marketing services, and other commercial real estate-related data and technology resources. Below is a list of these tools to help you become more profitable in your business – some of which also include discounts for NAR members: