2023 CARNM President
The Commercial Association of REALTORS® New Mexico embodies the best of Commercial Real Estate in New Mexico. It provides a way for Commercial Real Estate professionals to work together for the common good while transforming shared beliefs and hopes into action. It gives shape to our boldest dreams, highest ideals and noblest causes. We are a membership of over 500 commercial real estate professionals throughout the state of New Mexico.
As I think about one word that describes CARNM and its members, the word IMPACT comes to mind. Wikipedia defines IMPACT as “having a strong effect on someone or something” Just think of the impact the Commercial Association of Realtors has on your business. Where would we be without the collaborative efforts of each and every one of you?
Here’s how CARNM will continue its impact in 2023:
- Technology – Our CIE platform will be our #1 priority. We will continue to research an appropriate commercial listing service with search engine optimization that is user friendly, flush with information uploaded by our local brokerage community and is easily accessible to both brokers and the public.
- We are reaching out to the National Association of Realtors to work with them on making appropriate changes to Commercial Information Exchange Rules and Regulations so that they meet the everyday work of Commercial Realtors.
- Education – CARNM will continue its dedication to providing commercially relevant course subject matter to ensure licensees are able to obtain their continuing education within their field of expertise. We encourage you to provide us with your suggestions of course topics. Additionally, CARNM would like to expand its pool of qualified course instructors. Please let us know if you are interested in becoming an instructor.
- Consumer Outreach – We will continue our consumer outreach with our charitable efforts as well as our continued work with Economic Development Corporations throughout New Mexico.
- Advocacy & Legislation – CARNM has made significant progress in this area in recent years. We will continue our efforts in REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC), Real Estate Community Political Action Committee (RECPAC), Integrated Development Ordinance (IDO), and rent control. We will continue to make our voice known for political matters throughout New Mexico. Lastly, we will review our Policy Statement and update accordingly.
We will close 2022 with more members than CARNM has had in over 10 years. As our organization grows, we continue to want you, our members, to know your volunteer hours are the lifeblood of our organization. CARNM values and appreciates your impact on our organization. We welcome your service in the coming year.
I am truly honored to be your 2023 President. I look forward to working with each and every one of you as well as the CARNM staff to continue to make an impact on New Mexico’s business and real estate communities.
Shelly Branscom CCIM
2023 CARNM President
2023 REALTOR® of the Year
This award reflects the highest form of recognition for personal and professional achievement by a member of the Commercial Association of REALTORS® New Mexico. You can view past recipients here.
Shelly Branscom is a commercial and investment real estate expert. As a Senior Director at NAI SunVista Commercial Real Estate, Shelly provides long term strategies and business planning services to her clients. She prides herself on thinking outside the box, enabling her to contribute unique solutions and outcomes that are client-specific.
Shelly’s continued success for her clients stems from 15 years of commercial real estate services as well as 18 years of experience as an Escrow Officer. Shelly has repeatedly gained recognition for effectively representing her clients by receiving top honors of best customer service and top deal maker awards. While she specializes in office properties in New Mexico and the Southwest region, Shelly enjoys serving clients throughout the United States with a wide range of specialties including office, industrial, land and investment opportunities.
Shelly built her business on her passionate and heartfelt drive to serve her clients’ best interests. Her work ethic, attention to detail, and market-to-market knowledge provide an unparalleled experience for her clients. Her devotion to customer service and professional engagement has resulted in continuously expanding network of loyal clients and referrals. Dedicated to her craft, Shelly continuously seeks to stay ahead of the game when it comes to market conditions and trends.
Source: “Shelly Branscom, CCIM; NAI SunVista“
Commercial Association of REALTORS® NM
The Association brings together commercial real estate professionals for the enhancement of ideas and projects in marketing, education, government affairs, and professional standards, “all to benefit the commercial REALTOR®.” Members work with leaders in the business community and local, state, and national governments to foster economic growth and the passage of legislation to benefit the industry.
The Commercial Association of REALTORS® New Mexico holds a 4-star accreditation with National Association of REALTORS®. The Commercial Services Accreditation is a prestigious recognition program, acknowledging CARNM’s commitment to providing commercial services, engaging commercial members, and developing CARNM as a voice and resource in the state of New Mexico. Learn more
We appreciate your interest in CARNM and look forward to welcoming you into our organization!Become a Member