Introduction to Commercial Investment Real Estate Analysis
Accelerate your rise to success in commercial investment real estate. This introductory course teaches you the fundamentals of the commercial investment real estate industry and demonstrates how to apply these skills using real-world examples and case studies. You’™ll have the confidence to answer your client’s™ questions, anticipate their concerns, and plan for their needs when you have a solid commercial foundation from which to start.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Solve investment problems using a financial calculator.
- Understand basic real estate investment analysis tools. You will know how to estimate net operating income, cash flows before tax, and how to calculate the internal rate of return.
- Perform basic mortgage calculations using compounding and discounting techniques.
- Know how to compare similar properties, project vacancy rates, and estimate absorption figures.
- Know other ways to make a profit in commercial real estate besides brokerage. Be familiar with lucrative services like tenant representation, land acquisition, leasing, finance, property management, and appraisal.
Solve problems using a financial calculator
- Learn the functions of the financial calculator through this activity specifically designed for commercial real estate.
Get an overview of commercial investment real estate
- Recognize the features of the different commercial real estate types.
- Understand the space, capital and property value markets.
- Discover lucrative services like tenant representation, land acquisition, leasing, finance, property management and appraisal.
- Identify resources and data needed to analyze and market commercial properties.
Understand commercial leases
- Review common lease clauses and costs that impact the bottom line for the owner and tenant.
Perform the basics of investment analysis
- Review the fundamentals of investing.
- Apply compounding and discounting techniques to investment decisions.
- Calculate internal rate of return for a variety of different investment scenarios.
Understand mortgage loans
- Evaluate mortgage loans using compounding and discounting techniques.
- Calculate amortization values (mortgage payment, loan balance, interest and principal for different amortizing periods).
All registration is handled through the CCIM Institute. This course is hosted by the Commercial Association of REALTORS NM.
Location: 1635 University Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102