Job Description: CARW Marketing and Events Manager – 9/5/15
Position Purpose: CARW is the voice for commercial real estate brokerage and related professionals in Wisconsin. Founded in 1993, CARW is dedicated to the success of our members by providing invaluable educational opportunities, countless networking experiences, data exchange, and public policy advocacy. The Marketing and Events Manager serves a critical role to the organization, managing the communication and many of the events that encourage information exchange and networking. The position requires taking a leadership role for other affiliated associations – CCIM and SIOR, as well as support for activities related to REACH.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the CARW President and CEO and works closely with the Director of Membership
- Produce all communication materials for the association including annual report, newsletter and constant contact communication for events;
- Prepare presentations, materials, reports and logistic needs for trips, speeches and meetings;
- Assist with creation of public relations materials and communicate with the press as needed;
- Manage relationship with marketing vendors, media, and oversee creation and maintenance of website and branding materials including signage and awards;
- Participate in organization’s social media presence through Facebook and Twitter
- Oversee annual sponsor relationships and benefits for multiple associations;
- With the President and CEO, assist with benefits package and marketing for associations
- Coordinate and implement program meetings and social events (approximately 20-30 events annually, each drawing between 10-400 attendees) for multiple associations;
- Serving as point of contact with vendors;
- Assisting with budgeting;
- Managing on-site production for events and meetings;
- Taking responsibility for materials including nametags, PowerPoint presentations, surveys, photographs, web content for meetings and events for multiple associations;
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records for each event including work plans and timelines; This includes
- Serve as a liaison for Board meetings and calls, and assist and/or lead with Board and committees as needed for multiple associations;
- Assist with some aspects of membership onboarding process including new member mailing;
- Assist with invoicing and mailings;
- Perform additional duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, marketing or related field preferred;
- Customer service mentality a must;
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing and/or event coordination;
- Outstanding communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision;
- Access to reliable transportation;
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Familiarity with Surveymonkey, WordPress and ConstantContact.
Position is 40 hours per week and may include evening commitments. Health insurance is not offered but the work environment is flexible.
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.