NAR’s Strategic Thinking Advisory Committee considers threats to agents, brokers, associations, MLSs, and NAR in just-released Danger Report.
Why was the Danger Report created?
- NAR Leadership tasked the Strategic Thinking Advisory Committee to develop a wide-ranging list on the threats and challenges facing the real estate industry in the next 3- 5 years.
- NAR engaged the services of leading industry author and visionary Stefan Swanepoel to help research and write a comprehensive Report.
- The report purposely does not provide any solutions but seeks to encourage an industry wide conversation about the most pressing challenges before laying a foundation for the formulation of solutions.
Factoids on the Danger Report
- The DANGER Report is based on 74 one-on-one interviews of industry CEOs and leaders conducted by Stefan Swanepoel.
- Comments from those interviewed were confidential and no input was attributed to any particular individuals.
- The Report does not seek to place blame or assess the past performance or activities of any organization. It is designed as a forward-looking assessment of possible challenges over the next few years.
- Report also includes data from a comprehensive national survey with input from 7,899 REALTORS®.
- Research also includes review of an exhaustive list of 200+ studies, reports, white papers, abstracts and surveys on all related issues – total of 6,051 pages.