Since 1969, the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) has promoted the election of pro-REALTOR® candidates across the United States.
The purpose of RPAC is clear: voluntary contributions made by REALTORS® are used to help elect candidates who understand and support real estate interests. These are not members’ dues; this is money given freely by REALTORS® in recognition of the importance of the political process. The REALTORS® Political Action Committee and other political fundraising are the keys to protecting and promoting the real estate industry.
Learn more about how RPAC helps you: RPAC: Your Best Commercial Real Estate Investment Brochure.
RPAC & CARNM
The Commercial Association of REALTORS® New Mexico was presented with the 2020 Corporate Ally Program’s Digital Investor Pin. This program was launched in 2015 as a campaign to promote mutual business interests and strengthen the industry. The program provides funding for federal, state, and local advocacy campaigns and supports public policies that are important to real estate. Learn more.
70% of each contribution is used by NMAR PAC to support state and local political candidates and issues. The remaining 30% is contributed to the National Association of REALTORS® in order to support national politicians sympathetic to the ideals of the real estate industry. Your voluntary investment to support legislation on the issues that are important to the growth and stability of the commercial real estate industry is needed now more than ever! This type of legislation contributes to the commercial real estate industry and ultimately supports YOU! This is great insurance protection for you and your business.
Your investment makes a difference on the federal, state, and local levels of government and ensures:
- New and proposed legislation and regulations are evaluated based on how they will impact you, your clients, and your community.
- Government affairs representatives can effectively lobby lawmakers in Washington, D.C., and state legislatures throughout the U.S.
- We can defend critical commercial real estate-friendly policies like 1031 like-kind exchanges, Opportunity Zones, and programs providing relief to the small business clients commercial members serve.
- Ensure rental assistance continues to be available for struggling property owners and tenants.
- REALTORS® have a strong voice in new infrastructure investment and economic renewal policies, and in common-sense banking reforms such as the SAFE Banking Act.